A message to our clients:

In light of the current climate and the uncertainty surrounding COVID-19 we wanted to reassure all our clients that we are committed to following the Government guidelines and advice from the World Health Organistation as we get it.

Currently we can continue to operate our business as usual across all the services that we offer our clients, both current and prospective. We will be monitoring this and will be adapting to the situation as it presents itself in the coming months.

Current advice is to limit direct contact with clients which means that we request that you do not attend our offices unless it is essential and agreed in advance by one of our directors.

We request that to help enable us to fight the spread of the virus all communication is by email, telephone or post until further notice. The health of our clients and our staff is of the highest importance to us so we hope that you can respect our request.

Our family and wills/probate solicitors will continue to offer initial advice for up to one hour (as advertised on this website) but by telephone only. Please call us if you would like to speak to one of our experts. If you have a case in court please telephone us so we can discuss representation.

We appreciate your patience, support and understanding. Stay safe and thank you for your co-operation.

Talk to a solicitor today 0117 973 1391

Battrick Clark Solicitors of Bristol offer all the help and legal advice you will need if you are faced with domestic violence or abuse.

We can help with problems ranging from threats to actual violence.

  • We can give you information about the legal protection available to you if you are being subjected to violence or harassment
  • We can represent you in any court proceedings
  • We can advise you on safeguarding the welfare of your children, as well as your own safety.

Domestic violence – non-molestation and occupation order

Domestic violence or the threat of domestic violence should not be tolerated.

Harassment or pestering by your ex-partner or a member of your family does not have to be ignored after the relationship breakdown.

We can offer you advice and legal representation in all domestic violence issues. The court offers a range of orders to stop the violence / harassment with a power of arrest if necessary.

If living in the same house as the violent individual is threatening the safety of you and your children, then we can apply to the court for an order that will compel that person to leave, thus giving you peace of mind. As long as you are an associated person within the rules of the Family Law Act 1996, then we can help you stop the grief.

We also represent people who are the respondents to such applications. We can help to negotiate terms of an order to ensure that certain arrangements can continue, e.g. contact with children.

Legal Aid is still available for applications to the Court for non-molestation / occupation orders where there is domestic violence. That violence can be interpreted as emotional, psychological and / or physical violence. Provided that you are financially eligible for Legal Aid, an application will be made on your behalf to the Legal Aid Agency to try to secure funding for your case.

Questions and answers

My partner is violent or threatening violence. What can I do?

A letter can be sent warning your partner to stop the threatening / violent behaviour, or court proceedings will have to be issued
In the event that such warnings have been ignored, the court can make an order (injunction) to stop the behaviour and (if relevant) order your partner to leave the family home.


Give us a call – you do not have to tolerate bad behaviour.

Are you looking for legal advice?