Talk to a solicitor today 0117 973 1391

Buying and selling your house shouldn’t be difficult. We offer all the help and legal advice you will need to help ensure the process is smooth, secure and satisfactory.

  • Battrick Clark offers helpful advice to ensure the transaction runs smoothly
  • We will keep you informed as to the progress of the transaction
  • We will report to you on the searches and the title to the property in plain English

Property conveyancing

When buying or selling a property, you will almost certainly need a professional – preferably a lawyer/solicitor – who will handle the transaction. Buying a property will probably be the largest single investment you make and it is very important that the transfer of ownership of the property is dealt with properly.

A property purchase will probably involve a building society or other lender who will also want its interests handled by a lawyer/solicitor from an approved panel. Battrick Clark is a member of all the major lender and building society panels and therefore approved to act.

We will quote a fixed fee up front before the transaction starts. Just download our conveyancing charge form (Word document, 33K), fill it in and email it back to us.

Questions and answers

How much will it cost?
It depends on the price of the property and whether you are buying or selling. Leasehold property will attract an increased charge to reflect the extra work involved.

Can I have a fixed price fee?

How long does it take to complete the transaction?
It depends on a number of factors, including the time taken for the mortgage to be issued and searches returned, the complexity of the transaction, and the state of readiness of other parties to the chain. An average timescale is between 6 and 10 weeks.

What do you need from me?
We need:

    • Specific instructions
    • For a purchase, £300 on account of search fees; for a sale £100 on account of disbursements
    • Authority to get deeds from the lender
    • Means of identification (to comply with money laundering regulations) – passport, driving licence, etc.

Are you looking for legal advice?